Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Transfer Three!

It is weird that I am not a trainee anymore...because it still feels like I have so much to learn. But at the same time, when I look back at where I was when I first got to Japan, I have learned SO MUCH.
Grundvig Shimai and Cain Shimai
Cain Shimai is my new companion and she is wonderful. Something that has really struck me this week is what a wonderful opportunity it is to have so many different companions on the mission. Each new companion is an opportunity to learn something new...about teaching styles, about the gospel, about my relationship with the Lord, how to cook...Japanese, etc. I have learned so much from Cain Shimai already and it has only been three days. She is a great, hardworking missionary and I am so excited to see how the work is going to progress in Higashi Osaka over the next six weeks. 

Dean Shimai and I had a fantastic last week together. We were SO busy...visiting our investigators, saying goodbye to people, scheduling appointments and making sure that everything was ready for transfers. I am happy to say that thus far, even with Dean Shimai gone, I have been able to find my way around Higashi Osaka...which is quite the feat in my opinion because I can't read Konje. And when I first got here, I never thought that I would be able to do it. 

I love this area. I love the members. I love our investigators. As I have been helping Cain Shimai learn her way around the area and give her background on each of our investigators, I have really become aware of how much I love these people. It has been really fun to tell Cain Shimai everything about the area and our investigators and the members and the work in Higashi Osaka, because I love it so much. The work in Higashi Osaka is progressing, and miracles will happen this transfer as we rely on the Lord and put in all of our efforts...and all of our heart, might, mind and strength.

I have also learned how to cook more Japanese food from Cain Shimai the past few days...which is nice because I didn't know how to cook much more than instant ramen...

I love you all! I'll end with a great quote...from Brigham Young when he was asked by a reporter if he really believed that his faith could move mountains, he replied: "Yes, and I would be the first one at the base with a shovel." 

I love it. The Lord will help us, but he does expect us to put in our own efforts and work.

Grundvig Shimai
And I wonder why I am getting rice cheeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment